Saturday, June 30, 2007

News...News....read all about it!!



Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a fabtabulous weekend. I have a couple of things happening this evening, so bare with me :) my head is spinning with lots of thoughts. Tomorrow is the grand re-opening of the website I am apart of http://www.glitterangrunge.com/ Missy has done an amazing job and my hats are off to you....you rock! I have added three pieces for sale and one is up for an up coming auction I am apart of. It is for an artist/mom whose beautiful daughter recently lost her battle with cancer. You can read her story and eulogy (very touching) and hopefully bid on a piece and know its going to such a good cause!! I will post more details closer to the auction, but I do believe the auction will be sometime this month. Here is the blog of the family's journey. Please check it out and say a prayer for the family in this grieving time http://iva-and-family.blogspot.com/ The above picture is my piece for the auction. Its a sweet angel on a container box. She is sculpted out of paper clay. She is painted and distressed with pinks and creams. She is holding a tiny blue bird and the box reads, "Soar My Angel". She is just over 8 inches tall and has a paper glittered hat adorned with a pink crystal. She also has her pink boa wings and is guiding her new angel for her departure.





A couple days ago Debra received her bunny. I was so lucky to have her as my swap partner. I am so glad you liked your little guy and thanks so much for hosting such a great swap! She is an amazing artist so if you haven't heard or seen her artwork check her website out http://www.hophopjingleboo.com/ I love that name don't you? Here is what I sent her....I am anxiously awaiting my bunny too =:) =:)

Lastly, but not least at all...... please check out http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ and look at all the great artists. The site should be spectacular. Here is one of the pieces I did for July. I must log off for now so I will leave you with what is in my heart......hug you loved ones and hold them tight :) Blessings to all.













2 comments:

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Your glitter and grunge stuff looks awesome!!! I especially love your Americana pieces. Beautiful!!!

~Tonya said...

Hi Jackie,

Your handmades are adorable. I love the angel you made for Brianna.

I will have to read up on more of your postings on your blog....when I have time. :o)

Smiles,
~Tonya