Friday, June 1, 2007

Out and about

I just wanted to say thank you for all the encouragement and support. I am blessed to have wonderful friends and the art world has some amazing people in it....my hats off to you!! Thank you for being a constant and an overflow of inspiration. I can only hope I have a tenth of your talent!







Today was a day of running around, but through the usual errands we dropped in one of my favorite stores. Its an old brick house that has been converted to a retail store and has an outdoor garden filled with lovely garden accessories and a carriage house. She has tons of treasures. Not all of them make it to my home and most the time I go just to admire, but today I went to buy a gift (not for me). I am lucky enough to sell my work there and do trunk shows during the holiday season. It so much fun, meeting new people and being involved through the arts in my community. I enjoy our quaint little town.







Here is just a corner of a room with my Wish Sisters. Small little containers made out of paper clay and full of spunk! I only have couple left.....hmmm, I better get busy!

















Here is another room filled with lovely gifts. I could go on and on.
I enjoy this store for myself and splurging on my friends and family.
I wont bore you with how much I get lost in the treasures, but do you ever walk into a store and go I dont remember that or what is that....that is this store. I see something new every time. Sometimes the owner will say I've had it for a few months, but she might have moved it in a different spot. Every nook and cranny is filled with gems and uniques things. I feel lucky to have a my artwork sprinkled throughout the store. So thank you Debra for allowing me a little piece of my dream! I truly feel like a kid in a candy store...mmmm!! This weekend is filled with outdoor gala's, from our monthly flea market to a lovely open house at this great store. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and they will be sangria's in the garden, so if your in the neighborhood come by and visit. If not have fabtabulous weekend and I will be posting a few more whimsical figures soon. Take care.

3 comments:

Suzan said...

Jackie--Welcome to blogland!! I found your site through the Polka Dot Pixie, and will add you to my blog...I do paper clay and collages, and can't wait to see more of your stuff. I have looked at your things on Glitter and Grunge, and love them!!!

Suzan
www.thriftycollageartist.blogspot.com

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Your art looks great in that beautiful shop! Thanks for posting pics!!!

Lori said...

welcome to blogland!!! i have always loved to see your creations on glitter~and~grunge and am very happy that you have decided to blog!!!