Monday, July 9, 2007

WOW! I have great news!!

Happy Monday! Its a hot and sticky one here, so I am staying cool inside. Yesterday was start of a wonderful auction for a family that lost their daughter. You can read more details on the auction and their story. http://www.angelsforbrianna.blogspot.com/ A lot of amazing artists donated artwork for the family. As of yesterday there over 6 thousand dollars raised....great golly that is wonderful!! That moves me to tears and really says there is a lot of giving people out in this world. The piece above is what I donated. Its an angel holding a bluebird and the container reads, "Soar My Angel". Please visit the auction and give what you can. Its going to a great cause and the family has been touched from all the response. Thank you if you already have donated or bid.


I also received my bunny swap goodies from Debra. I was lucky to have her as a swap partner. I love all the goodies she sent. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! That was my first swap and I had so much fun!!



Lastly, I am going to be away from my computer. I am preparing for an art fair in two weeks. I am very nervous. I have been working for a couple of months but I feel a rush of pressure these last two weeks :( Any tips or advice would be great....I will try to post updates and progress, I have a lot of new pieces and will share them soon! You can visit the website and check out all the artists. http://www.fiberandfolk.com/


Ohh one more thought.......a nice lady had emailed me and asked if I was being "mean" to myself with my name...FAT JAK Originals. So I thought I would share the meaning of my name. I am a stay at home mom of three great kids. Jake, Alexis and Kate......so that is where the JAK came from....and just feeling blessed for having God's grace and allowing me to have three great kids....so that is where FAT came from be blessed with my children and family. So there you have it....if you were interested :)

Take care and blessings to all!!

Jackie

2 comments:

~Tonya said...

Jackie,

Your offerning is wonderful! So very nice of you to be a part of it.

And your story behind your name....too sweet. I like knowing the stories, behind the names.

Smiles,
~Tonya

Sam I Am said...

a beautiful angel for brianna..you are so sweet...
xoxo
sam