Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pumpkin Keeper and Fairies are coming.......

Fall is in the air...maybe not too crisp tonight, but I am yearning for the colder evenings and colors changing. I love when the leaves start to dance. I am working on fall goodies, but I recently did a piece that is close to my heart. This piece above is called "Pumpkin Keeper". I used doll parts that were made by my Aunt, an old cardboard spice container and a small little bird cage with copper leaves attached. She was so fun to put together and instead of doll parts just sitting in a box, I am truly grateful and inspired by doll makers. The expressions on their little faces are so intriguing to me......this one reminds me so much of my little girl. Here's a close up.....

On another note.....fairies are coming. Recently I purchased a fairy door and my husband lovingly installed it for our two little girls. Not really, but after all the drywall was cleaned up by me, he did admit it was cool...love you honey :)
After much discussion, we decided to put it in this nook by the stairs. I painted the wall a blue for fun and think I will add flowers for some whimsy.....so far every visitor that comes over just laughs and actually gets down and checks it out... heres a close up, its actually a six panel door. Its been so fun and the girls are drawing pictures and playing fairy princess' almost every day. It has sparked such imagination....so fun!! I got the door at a great online store and her blog is fun to read too...check it out. Catherine's blog is called Red Shoes . She has great handpainted furniture and accessories!

Well I hope you enjoyed my whimsy for this evening , I must scoot back to work.....

Take care and hope all is well. Blessings~








3 comments:

Lori said...

Jackie, that doll is just wonderful...how special that you used some of the pieces from your aunt...i love your little fairy door!

Jenn said...

LOVE your pumpking keeper! what a wonderful creation! the fairy door is too fun...i've been really wanting one from Catherine. maybe for Christmas:)

hope you have a happy week!! xoxo

Lisa Kaus said...

Hi- Thanks for stopping by- your work is so darling and imaginitive!
Lisa