Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!!

Happy Leap Day.....

An extra day of winter in my neck of the words.....but dreaming of spring!!

I have new bunnies, take a peek...
These guys will be over at Glitter and Grunge tomorrow....along with my bunny boxes.I am struggling with my pictures....tried all day with different light even a light box. This is a real challenge for me.....I should be more frank..."I stink at picture taking...ugh!!" So this is the best and I know its crummy.....



So does everyone know why we celebrate Leap Day?? I actually didn't.


Brief History of Leap Day
In ancient Rome, leap day was on February 24 due to February being the last month of the calendar. The original Roman calendar added an extra month every few years to maintain the correct seasonal changes. The Julian calendar was implemented in 45 BCE, resulting in a leap day being added to the end of February every four years. In 1582 Pope Gregory XIII refined the Julian calendar with a new rule that a century year is not a leap year unless it is evenly divisible by 400. The introduction of the Gregorian calendar was observed in some countries including Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Spain. The conversion took longer for other countries such as Great Britain (1752) and Lithuania (1915).


How fun, huh! Well... Happy Birthday to all you Leapers......Have a great day!!! Jackie

8 comments:

Lori said...

Jackie, your bunnies are just darling!!!

Victorian Lady said...

Dang! Lori took my word...that's exactly what I think too...darling! Okay, but I want to give you something original too...how about charming? :) Love those buttons too! I pushed seed beads in paper clay for the center of a flower...turned out great :)

Mere

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Your bunnies are fantastical, and wonderful! i love the little banners! Hmm, I thought I was the only one in blogland that had trouble with photography. I'm never happy with my pictures either

Jenn said...

Oh Jackie! I just adore them! Sooooo cute. I hope you are having a great weekend and that you're feeling okay. Keeping you in my thoughts.

xox..jenn

Melissa Fischer said...

I love your bunny's long legs! Both of them are great! Have a great night!
Melissa

Funky Art Queen said...

I love your bunnies....are they clay?

Debbie Egizio said...

Awe, those bunnies of yours are so cute! I'm ready for spring too!!!!!

Michelle said...

Your bunnies are adorable!!! I love the little Spring banner that they are holding too!!!!

Smiles,
Michelle