Saturday, February 23, 2008

Moon man......and therapy...yikes!!

Did you see the moon during the week. The kids were so excited, we watched as the shadow appeared. What a neat night to watch the lunar eclipse. My husband took pictures....but they were a bit blurry. We are both bad picture people...I know you know that from my side because my pictures are always icky, such a challenge for me. So if you missed it check out Sam I Am's Blog....she takes amazing photos and has one of the moon. So great!! Here is my moon man....he simply holds a star and reads,..."If you Believe".

So thanks for all your support and I wish I was on the moon weightless and maybe pain free. I have been going through some lumps lately. I have two herniated discs in my neck and some degenerative bone loss in my neck. So, I am going to physical therapy...because I'm too scared of surgery...yikes!! Sitting straight up and standing relieves my pain.....so sitting writing to you all relieves the pain. Laying down and sleeping are the worst.....so if I ramble, it's because of pure exhaustion.....my family has been a huge support and I love you all for your amazing help. I "do believe" I will get better. Reading blogs and having such great friends is a blessing....thank you all!! I am laughing through my tears :) Stay safe and enjoy the day!! Jackie

8 comments:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Have you seen Jo's Moon and Star doll? O posted an image of it on my blog at http://world-market-portraits.blogspot.com/2008/02/jo-james-unique-dolls.html#links

I think you would just love it!

Melissa Fischer said...

I love youe little moon man- I love the way his feet just dangel over the edges. Hang in there with all your struggles your going through- I wish you the best!!
Melissa

Michelle said...

Hang in there Jackie!!

I LOVE your moon man!!!!! He is wonderful!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Victorian Lady said...

I love checking in on you to see what you've come up with! I love your man in the moon and the lovely woman you did with the buttons down the back! She reminds me of my aunt Peggy! :)

I hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

Mere

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Your moon man is wonderful!! He is just perfect. I don't blame you for being scared of surgery, I hope you find something that works, it stinks being in pain :(

Ninnie said...

Jackie, Wanted to let you know your prize from OWOH is finally in the mail.
Sorry it took me so long to get this off to you. You will be receiving an
ATC of mine and a polymer clay charm that I made. Thank you for the comment on my pics by the way. I love taking pictures and am never satisfied with
them haha. I tried to e-mail you but it spit it back at me. Ninnie/Terri

Jenn said...

Jackie, he is the cutest! oooh...I just love him so much!!!

I'm so sorry about your neck. It's good news that they have found what's wrong and that you are on the road to recovery!! I severely sprained my neck last year and was in Physical Therapy for months...so I really understand. I would sleep sitting up on the couch with a neck brace and pillows around me! It was the worst. I'm so, so sorry that you are in pain. Hang in there and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers:) xoxo..jenn

Lisa S. Oceandreamer said...

I love this piece Jackie. I adore your work and of course I am one happy gal to have a piece now. You don't know how much I truly adore it!
I'm sorry you're in pain like that, I hope the PT will help to avoid surgery! Sending healing thoughts your way.
xo