Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blah Blah Blah...I am so boring!

Ha...I am so boring, but can I tell you I am just laughing thinking about what I am about to say.....our house has been crazy the last few days. We are having a new roof put on and ya know when you try to do a home improvemnt project...some thing else breaks, well at least in our house this happens A LOT!! First, our furnace broke.....I wouldn't be too upset with the weather getting a bit nicer, but the nights are still cold...brrrr. Then out dryer breaks....this wouldn't bother me either, but the piles add up quickly with a family of five...add our little one things she's a fashion queen and changes her wardrobe two or three times a day...so its like a family of eight..ugh!! Thirdly our bathroom shower faucet is leaking and the water is coming down to the second floor bathroom...oh my. Oh yeah, remember the roof is being done too....this is madness! I will have to bragh a bit...my handy husband fixed them...not all, but the most important ones.....the furnace and dryer and the roof will be done tomorrow. The bathroom will be fixed soon, at least no water in the walls. I'm a nut and always scared of mold, YUCK! So, we are showering still, but have to downstairs to the other bathroom, so kudos to my hubby! Even with all that he fixes it all and says what next.....I get my strength from him, I would of cracked under that pressure, for sure!


So, quick change of subject......I have been in a creative lull...low, just a plain funk. It's been a for a while now. Do you ever feel that way? A good friend of mine told me that when an artist evolves or is about to go through a change in their art they go through a slump...so that was very encouraging to me, because that is the way I feel. So I dont have pictures of what I have been doing...because I haven't been too creative....a lot of projects started but none finished or worth showing, at least in my thoughts...of funk! I did snap a picture of my middle daughter's jeans....another pair of capris. We couldn't find her white mary janes so she wore these.
The have green apples, stripes, and polka dots...they are so fun for the spring!! So I hope you didn't mind the rant....I hope to snap out of the fog and get back to business....lol! I will leave you with a sneak peak of a project I am working on for a friend getting married in June.....I know it's a crummy picture, but I am still working on some of the details :) enjoy the day friends, jackie

9 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Man, oh man -- I feel your pain! Why does it seem that everything goes out at once?! Leaks (hot water heater), and broken dryers, and flat tires, and strep throat, and. . . :)
Here's to better days! And I can't wait to see what's in the sihouette pic.

Cathy

Funky Art Queen said...

Oh gosh girl, you have had some house fun! Sorry for ya! The art funk?...I go through those from time to time. I hate it cuz I think I have to be creating. But I do come back eventually and usually with new ideas. So maybe we should just kinda ride that wave. It's just hard huh? Your work is amazing....can't wait to see what you do next!

Melissa Fischer said...

You have your hands full!!! What a mess- I would have already pulled out my hair!'
Melissa

Jenn said...

yikes Jackie!! Hang in there girl!! I sooo know how you feel though! As far as your creative slump...it happens to us ALL. Your wedding couple is too fabulous! What a wonderful gift:):)

enjoy the weekend:) xox...jenn

Victorian Lady said...

I can't wait to see your project finished! :) Good luck with all of your home improvements! :)

Mere

Felicia said...

Love those cute pants :)

Debbie Egizio said...

So sorry to hear about all of your home woes. Good thing your husband is so handy. I'm lucky that way too. My husband can fix most things around the house.


Well, I must be evolving as an artist too. I know the feeling of being in a slump.

Debbie Egizio said...

So sorry to hear about all of your home woes. Good thing your husband is so handy. I'm lucky that way too. My husband can fix most things around the house.


Well, I must be evolving as an artist too. I know the feeling of being in a slump.

Elaine Thomas said...

I love your wedding box. Very nice!!