Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So the storm has passed...I think!

So over the weekend we (I shouldn't say we...my husband) fixed all the house wounds.
Our water heater was replaced...our dryer is working, so I guess I have to get to the piles(mounds)...ugh! Our shower is working.....and I think that's all I mentioned to ya in the last post. So with things in working order I am sitting here writing to you....ha! I should be doing laundry or taking a nice hot shower, but I am noodling in blogland. That's so easy for me to do. I love all the eye candy!!

It's been really cold here the last few days....we even had snow yesterday, yes I typed SNOW! When will it pass.....I think soon, hopefully. So I took a fewer pictures of a squirrel yesterday....

I know I should of been doing laundry...but I was just gazing at this little critter. How funny is he...just lying around.

I know I get a kick out of the littlest things, but this little guy made me smile. We even have a couple of ducks that the girls and I feed everyday and this little brave creature comes up too....I'm no snow white, so once he gets a little close we go inside. I am so a chicken when it comes to squirrels. We once had baby squirrels in our roof.....last year's house wound, my hubby had to fix that too, it never ends. But we had a family of squirrels living in the roof.....one day the babies got out and well....to my surprise, when I turned to go down my hallway, I saw this...see the picture below....eeek....the window was open too! I was so scared.....and the stairwell was right at the window, so I couldn't go down the stairs or scream because the screen was they only thing between me and this tiny thing!! I was soooo scared...it took some courage, but I eventually ran downstairs!

Well, my husband wanted to go and catch the squirrels himself, and I just envisioned this grown man falling off the roof and hurting himself, so I called the critter line...I forgot the proper name, the company that comes and gets pests or babies off your premise....for lots of money! So, it took three days to coax the mama into the cage...she was so smart she kept tricking the cage and getting the food. The man told us grey squirrels are the most aggressive and the smartest of the squirrel family. The man finally had to bring back the baby and within 20 minutes the mama came and finally was reunited with her family. The man took them to a forest park.....not close to our home, thank goodness! So, I was happy they moved on and my hubby didn't fall off the roof.....wouldn't that have been a funny picture. Just kidding.....I guess I still laugh when my husband tells that story of me scared out of my mind and him wanting to be a hero with a broom and fishing net! I hope your laughing with me girls!

Have a wonderful day...and I didn't know where this blog entry would take me. I hope you enjoyed my little nature story. Take care, jackie

5 comments:

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Those squirrels sure are something, aren't they! Glad your dryer is fixed, that is miserable to be without one :(
I got an email from Yarncon, and they've set a date for the DIY Trunk show, its going to be Nov 22 and I think they said that the applications come out in June :)

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Squirrels are so funny! We have black ones here where I live. I used to live in PA. So when I moved to ohio, I was shocked. Have you ever seen a black squirrel?

Melissa Fischer said...

I love that- he looks like he is holding on for dear life!!
Melissa

Melissa Fischer said...

I tagged you to tell 6 quirky things about yourself! Play if you want- I know you have probably been taggd a hundred times! I hope you have a great day!
Melissa

Lori said...

oh my squirrels!!! how funny:)