Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What month is it.....

I can't believe it's April already. We picked up soccer schedules and my head started to spin....I think my head will fall off when our third baby starts sports..oh my! Between practices and games we are booked up almost everyday until June. I do love it and to see my son going over his schedule like he won the lottery puts a smile on my face. He lives...eats and sleeps for soccer. I didn't play soccer when I was younger, I played softball....so I don't know where he gets this enthusiaum, but I do love watching him and the games are getting so exciting.

April came into our neck of the woods with a storm....and I loved it....and least it wasn't snow :)
The wind blew and it was so calming. The grass is turning greener and my lillies are even budding through the ground...yippee!! A few years ago, I transpanted lillies from the side of our house to around our deck.....I really thought it wouldn't work....I still get amazed every year that they come back and they bring friends! I know they are hearty, but I don't have a green thumb at all. So I plan to do a small...really small garden this year....I'll post my progress. Here's a picture of a one of my lilies last year.....
This inspiration came from when I first visited my husband uncles home. He is retired and lives in a retirement community. He lost his wife and lives alone. He is a true gardener....here in the midwest we get to have summer flowers and gardens only for a few months, but when I see his magical creations I wish we can have them longer. He is such a great gardner, a few churches commision him and he is busy all summer long....oh yeah forgot to mention he is in his eighties and rides his bike around town. A true inspriation! I will leave you with some shots I took a over the summer last year....I hope you enjoy them and happy April!! These lovelies were at one of the churches he does....I love hydrangas!
This is one side of his home. I know it's not close...but remember I'm challenged in the picture taking...ugh! It's truly is a wonderful garden...I hope one day I can get enough courage to plant and have a magical place like this! Maybe after all the soccer balls stop rolling around my yard...hehe! Take care, Jackie

6 comments:

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Those hydrangeas are gorgeous. It's too dry to grow them here, but an indoor potted plant of them last a couple of months! They are my favorite!!!

Kasey said...

nice site and blog.
Kasey

Jenn said...

ooooh...what a gorgeous garden and sweet sounding man Jackie! Hydrangeas are one of my favorites...just beautiful!! Have fun with soccer! We're starting baseball this week:) xox..jenn

Funky Art Queen said...

OH, I would love to go walking around in that beautiful garden and stop and smell the flowers. Lovely!

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Life is not your own once the kids are in sports! We were spoiled all winter, just had basketball :D :D Such pretty flowers!

Michelle said...

I have been wanting to leave a comment here for days and I keep getting interupted! LOL These gardens are just so wonderful! I LOVE gardening and flowers and I really LOVE Hydrangeas. On the Cape in the summer they are the prettiest blue color ever! I can't wait to make my yard look like heaven. That is what those gardens look like. Thanks for sharing.

I hope all is well. I will try to call you tomorrow.

Hugs,
Michelle