Monday, July 14, 2008

Inspired by friends...a true gift!

Hi Everyone....
I hope everyones Fourth went out like a bang.....sorry I just had to do it..HAHA.

We spent ours with friends and saw an awesome firework show. While the show was going on I even leaned over to my husband and said this never gets old...does it for any of you? I still feel like a kid sitting on a blanket in awww of the booms and colors...simply breathtaking. I also ran in the early morning hours....so I started the 4th with my own little bang. This was my first race since I was injuried in the winter...and it felt wonderful. It was just a 4 mile race. I even place 6th in my age group...whooo...my goal was just to not walk and I never imagined I would place in my age group. Since my injury I have changed my lifestyle...I should say my whole family's. We have begun working out and eating "clean". It feels amazing...plus I have lost 30 pounds. Great incentive and lots of fun to go shopping again! So if your interested in great recipes, go to Clean Eating...its a magazine I picked up at Walmart. It's a branch off from a womens fitness magazine called Oxygen...two great publications and lots of inspiration. I know if I can do it with three little ones anyone can. Here's one of my favorite after workout drinks....

Dark Chocolate Cherry Protein Shake:
- 1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein powder ( I use Fit&Fiber35)
- 1/2 cup of frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of rice milk
- few ice cubes...if desired....mix in a blender and enjoy! So tasty and good for you!
Especially if your chocoholic like me...mmmmm!

This recipe was concocted by Michelle...from BlackBerryBriar with a twist by me.
With my love of chocolate and the sweetness from the dark cherries it's like having chocolate covered cherry ice cream...minus all the bad stuff!

I know I'm rambling, but I had such a great visit with a friend. It was so nice to connect with someone that understands. We are both moms, and have a passion for art, but struggle with all the everyday up and downs of raising a family and trying to continue our passion or even feel creative. Ya know when you even get a chance to get out in blogland and see all the other awesome blogs and amazing talents...sometimes its hard. Especially when maybe your things are not selling.... or your feeling like your stuff stinks. Well, my awesome and talented friend Michelle from Blackberry Briar even bluntly put out on her blog to just "quit". It's funny because we have chatted on the phone and I have leaned on her many times and expressed giving up and packing up my studio for good. I have also expressed this to another good friend Elaine from Artiful Spirit. Which to my surprise every artist goes through this...even the best of them. I will say I know this sounds bad, but when you admire these artists and when they say thay have the same thoughts.....well that makes you feel "normal". As normal as an artist can feel...haha! I am lucky enough to call these gals friends and I feel grateful to have them in my corner. So in this journey if you popped over to Michelle's blog she mentioned a book I recommended to her...It's so great and uplifting. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. A short read...but this book packs a punch!! Great words for any artist...someone that feels the pressure or sorta "writers block". Here is tiny bit of what is worth picking up this book....

"The most pernicious aspect of procrastionation is that it can become a habit. We don't just put off our lives today; we put them off till our deathbed.
Never forget: This moment, we can change our lives. There never was a moment, and never will be, when we are without the power to alter our destiny. This second, we can turn the tables on Resistance.
This second, we can sit down and do our work."

I truly think each and everyone of has a gift from God....we MUST use it and not be led by Resistance. This journey is hard, but I hope I can walk through it gracefully or at least stumble among great company and be lifted by you...my artist friends!! A special thanks to Michelle for your kind words...you truly made my day, Tink :) Thanks for letting me ramble...you know, somethings you just have to type out...and get off your chest :)

I promise my next post will be a bit more joyful....I have a surprise...I'm very excited to share with you. Stay tuned and take care till next time, Jackie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jackie,
THANK YOU my inspiring friend! You and I were just meant to be that, friends. I had such a wonderful time and a great visit with you last week. I am already looking forward to another!!!

I haven't had my "drink" yet today but I will later! I can't wait to add the banana!!! YUMMY!!!

Thanks for being there and lending a shoulder and gently nudging and inpiring me to want to improve. I would have never started working out again had it not been for your enthusiasm. I must admit that after I saw you the other day, I am even more inspired! You look AWESOME!!! I can't wait to look like that!!!
:0)

Have a wonderful day! Talk to you soon.

xoxoxoxo
Michelle