Friday, August 29, 2008

Lots of starts....

Well, this was the start of a new school year. So many emotions for me. I was excited that my two older ones wouldn't be fighting ever 10 minutes. They get along most of the time, but summers are tough when they are with each other all the time... I am surprised I have any hair left. My youngest starts preschool next Tuesday, so this week was getting to know the teacher and having to get her suppiles for this new endeavor. I'm sad that all my babies are growing up too fast. My middle daughter started 1st grade and going to school all day for the first time.....scary! It's like you throw them out there and just hope they will be ok. I know its tough, but when I was standing by her in line with all her peers......she just looked so small and innocent and I know how kids will be and tease and be mean...it just breaks my heart. I know, I'm here when they come home and can't be with them all the time, but it's rough. I know, I know some of you are thinking.....cut the cord, girl. I am very proud of my crew, but it's too many firsts for this mom to handle. So sorry for laying it all out and not talking about more excited art stuff. So more.....
My oldest started his last first day of elementry school. I remember dropping him off in kindergarten and can't believe the years have flown by....so darn quickly. Now, with the blink of the eye, he is the big dog of the school, but next year he will start junior high...even MORE scary for me to think about...ugh!!!!! So, with all these starts.....I do have some of my own art stuff happening too. Which is kinda good, so I don't dwell on my kidos and just weep some more. I accepted an offer from a store on the east coast. She sent me pictures of her shop and I was just thrilled, but scared all at the same time. I get so nervous shipping my products and not being able to go to the shoppe and see her new items and peek at mine....all so scary for me!! I know, I must forge ahead and try to get my art seen by others...hopefully putting a smile on their faces too :) So, today as I sit by the computer and ponder all these things...in silence mind you, my house is very VERY quiet, I am very excited, sad, nervous...all of these crazy emotions, but the fall is coming and I welcome it with open arms. I will embrace it and try not to cry that much.....thanks for listening. I do have some new pieces for the sites I participate on.....so here is a tid bit of what's coming, I hope you enjoy! Check back soon for some fall goodies!!!Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!! Goodbye summer, my legs will miss you terribly!

Hugs, Jackie

11 comments:

Ginny Diezel said...

I know what you mean about your children going off to school. I was fortunate enough to have a son, who now is 37 and lives in Los Angeles. I am wistful, every first day of school in September. He is grown, has been on his own for so many years, but there is something about that emotional separation when they have their books and pencils, a bit of excitement mixed with anxious feelings..... Enjoy your quiet house, and they will be home to warm your heart before you know it!

Victorian Lady said...

Hugs to you! :) My Lil is in 1st grade and I have that same sadness. Hang in there and make your quiet time productive time...it will go faster that way. :)

Heather said...

hi there! nice to meet you! I can understand about how you feel about your littles ones...mine isnt school age yet, but I know it will be tough to just set her loose on the public school system, lol. Congrats on the shop order! thats fantastic!~

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

I am there with you!!! My son started high school this year, it about broke my heart to see him walk down the road on his own. The reality hit me that he will be off to college in a few short years. Goes by too fast, all of it!

Your elephant sculpture is lovely!!!

Michelle said...

Jackie,

I am right with you girl! I have decided that I am not welcoming change into my life anymore! LOL I used to with open arms, but as the years go by with the kids, I want to preserve them forever. I tell them all the time that they can't grow up anymore....of course their reply is "MOOOOMMMM"....Hang in there. I am so glad and blessed to have you to lean on. You know that I am always here for you too. Can't wait to get together again!

Your Elephants are soooo soooo cute!!! I am so lucky to have seen them in person! They are enough to melt anyone's heart!

Hugs,
Michelle

~dani~ said...

The elly-fant is supa sweet! Yes, last year in elementary school is a bittersweet one. I feel like we just went through that with our 2 boys, however they are now both in high school and we will have 2 in college in 3 & 4 years.

Kristen Beason Designs said...

Hi Jackie~
I know it's tough when the kids are younger and you're sending them off to school all day for the first time. I have three boys who range from a senior in HS, an 8th grader, and a 2nd grader. Let me tell ya, you quickly get used to having the house quiet and peaceful. My boys headed back to school two weeks ago and I'm loving it!!! Now I have my day to create without playing referee and the constant distractions. Enjoy your free time! Hey, at least you're not dealing with teenagers yet ;+)

Kristen P.S.~Your elephant is adorable!!!

janell berryman artist-owner said...

Cute elephant!!! Love the hat and the polka dotted box base.
I remember those days with my girls. They are older now so that is all behind me AND all with sweet memories. I felt like you did... cant wait for school to start but when it does you count the minutes till they get home :)
By the way, I LOVE how you got the name "jak" VERY sweet!!

Lori said...

Jackie, your elephant is adorable:) i have been wanting to make another one...i made one a while ago for one of my friends and she loved it...i feel for you about how fast your kiddos are growing...my "baby" started middle school this year...congrats on the shop that will be selling your creations, that is very exciting for you!!! i hear you about shipping, it freaks me out too...i am always worried about something arriving no longer in one piece..thanks for your compliments about Collette:) they made my day!!!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh, I can so relate! I think I hate the first day of school more than my kids do. I just love the busy-ness and noise that go with kids. And now I"ve ushered off 2 or my 4 to college.
Love your sneak peek btw.
Cathy

Jo James said...

I know just how you feel.
Although, with two teenagers in the house now, back-to-school was a welcome event! But my daughter just got her drivers license yesterday, and drove all by herself to work yesterday. I was crying, but not so she could see of course. Her first day of Kindergarten is still all too fresh in my mind.
Hugs for you!
-Joee