Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm Home.....

I returned home and my mind is in so many different directions.
I went to my first art retreat.
This was an unbelievable journey.
It far surpassed any of my expectations.
The growth I felt as an artist was so intoxicating.
I was surrounded by other dreamers.

I was in an art bubble for three days...oh my!!
I met some great people.
I took two awesome classes.
The teacher, whose art I drool over was AMAZING!!!
If you haven't seen her creations check out Julie Haymaker's art.
She is phenomenal teacher and the days went by so quickly.
The only disappointment I had was I didn't snap some pictures of us.

So if you have a chance to go to Art N Soul do so....you will have a blast.
I went alone and I left meeting some new friends~

Here are my goodies I made.....

So beyond thrilled.....I have been sketching since I have left.
New ideas and thoughts.
I have come back recharged!!
I so needed this especially in this long dreary winter.
I didn't do much site seeing.....some fantastic dinners.
I did do a bit of shopping.
My favorite store had a wonderful recycled art in the windows.
So in wishing for Spring to come quickly I snapped this picture.
Its in Anthro, they cut bottles and painted them and they look like blooming flowers!
So lovely~
As my story book week ended I had to share my picture with Humpty.
He was my fill in man for the week since my awesome husband took care of the kids at home!
I am off to clean my studio with this new found energy.....new creations are a brewing!!
P.S. Thanks for all the inquiries about my Alice Teapot. She SOLD and I won the contest!
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and interest.







4 comments:

Renee Troy said...

I concur, Jackie. Julie is amazing! Your creations in her classes are too. So happy to have shared a class with you and saw your incredible tea pot. You rock!

snippetgirl said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful trip in every way!!!! Nothing like getting re-inspired and invigorated. Your creations are fab. Anthro is my absolute favorite store!! I miss being able to go there and just wander around the displays.
Have a great week!
Hugs, Carrie

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Oh Jackie, I am thrilled for you!!!! I never doubted your teapot would be a winner! Isn't it great to meet new people that share and inspire you...and your hubby is such a doll for helping you have this experience. I knew when I met you both that you were a terrific team!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!
Laurie

~Tonya said...

Sounds and looks like you had the most WONDERFUL time! I am sure you are inspired beyond! Love the piece you created and I am sure that awesome teapot you made was gone right away.

Have a great day.
~Tonya