Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer Sandwiches

I love to cook, but finding new things to do is somewhat challenging.
We have staples in our house.....but as an artist I also love to get creative in the kitchen 
We eat salmon twice a week, I love salmon.
The challenge is to find something interesting to do with it~

Well, if you like salmon, you must try it!!
You will not be disappointed.....

Recipe
Note ~ This recipe is for poached salmon, but you can use leftover salmon from the grill

1/2 cup dry white wine or water
12 ounces skinless salmon fillet, about 1 inch thick
3 wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese (I used garlic and herb)
   *you can also use whipped cream cheese...any flavor you prefer
2 tbsp. milk, I use low fat 2%
1 tbsp fresh dill
1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
Ciabatta Loaf cut and toasted
1 cuo fresh baby spinach

In a large skillet combine wine and 1/2 cup water
Bring to a boil; add fish
Cover and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish is easily split with a fork
Remove fish, discard liquid
Let fish cool or serve with dish warm, its up to you~

In a small bowl combine cheese, milk, dill, lemon peel and 1/8 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
I did this first and put in the fridge to meld flavors.

Spread mixture on cut sides of bread, arrange spinach and salmon and ENJOY!!

This is a great summer sandwich.
It reminds me of the beach or picnicking in the park.
We made it this weekend with fresh fruit......so  yummy!!
Kid tested and kid approved too......this one will become a staple in our house.
Chat Soon~





1 comment:

Colleen said...

Darn!! Wish I had this recipe yesterday. I already ate the leftover Salmon. Saving this for next time. Sounds YUM!!