Sunday, January 5, 2014

Delete Button......

SO much time has passed.....where do I begin.....do I even begin again?.  Is it easier to just hit the delete button and start over?  I kept this blog as a reminder of where I was......a diary as most people do.  An online diary of my art, my family and everyday stories.  I had some challenges and this place slowly drifted from my memory.  I still had pockets of creativity, but my heart was not willing to put it out there.  Call it self-protection or denial, I was stuck in fear.  I slowly came out of my fog and am beginning to see clearly again.  I let the monsters creep in and tear me down a bit.....I think all artists have these moments, questioning self-worth, questioning time and how to do it all......it was easy to still me inner voice and stop the creativity.  I think that's because I am mother and justified it.....found other things to busy my time.....

Its been way TOO LONG!!  The artist never left, the warrior never left, call it a slow healing.  I feel strong again.  Many of my tribe (family, friends and fellow artists) have held me close, encouraged me and even pushed me when I needed it.  I am so grateful for them and for the power of art. It's woven into me like a thread......my body needs to create, I love to create.

So, as the song lyric by Gene Autry goes, I am back in the saddle again......I am here!!!  I have some exciting news to share.  I have partnered up with a great local company called RELUX.  I will be teaching classes and selling my line of work there.  The universe is patient and I truly believe you meet the right people at the right time.  I learned a while back there are three reasons why you meet people.  You meet them for a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME.  I have had a lot of things happen the last couple of years and with NO DOUBT this wasn't just a random thing......my calling is art, to heal and help others through this messy thing called life.

Over the past couple of years I have evolved.....my heart has changed.....my art has changed.  I am excited to share my new stuff with you.  I am excited for you to meet me again and re-introduce yourselves.  I am looking forward to what's to come......
     

No comments: